Monday, December 25, 2006

Tessa's been everywhere this year!

In my very colorful and animated world, I am continuously being showered with love, laughter and blessings from my dearest family and friends. I guess the highlights of this year are the things I am most grateful for aside from the usual ... health, wealth and happiness.

First, I am grateful for all of my kids who are individually blossoming into a silly, creative and bright bunch. I am particularly happy about how little Athena is gaining ground in everyone's hearts. For her first birthday, I organized a Bollywood/Princess Jasmin theme party with belly-dancing by sultry Ginajane Grey and some transvestites in full costumes. Most of the kids didn't even realize the latter were not ladies (and some of the Dads didn't either).

Second, I am grateful for all the work that enables me to travel and explore the world even further. This year, I flew to KL for an intensive Feng Shui course with my Baclaran buddy Rosan Cruz. We took a 5-day course under Feng Shui master Lilian Too so we could harness more good graces, gain positive energy and get the most luck the stars and planets will allow us to have.

As life is so unexpected, Dennis was in a major crossroad in his life at the same time as the course. But Dennis and I just enjoyed more trips together and went diving in Tubbataha on board the Tri Star thanks to Tita Mary de Leon. We dove with PGMA who joined us for a day dive when she hopped on board from her naval ship.

From Malaysia, I headed to Amsterdam and London for the media launch of the Freedom of the Seas. As the largest cruise ship in the world, Royal Carribean's Freedom did an inaugural tour from the Port of Southampton, England (the same port that the Titanic sailed from but the comparison stops there). The ship is so gigantic and filled with Pinoy staff. I was again proud to be Filipino.

For our 12th anniversary and to keep the marital sparks ignited, I kidnapped Dennis to spend a get-away weekend in beautiful Boracay. We stayed at Boracay Tropics, a green sanctuary oasis just a few meters from the beach.

My biggest event this year was my Assumption Velada. I am just totally grateful for all my classmates that have worked tirelessly for months as the hosts of this year's homecoming. Super Popsie Gamboa delivered maybe the most attended, well-organized Velada of the century.

On the health side, I have toned down to my pre-Athena figure and become even stronger. My activities range from Bikram yoga, Pilates (sessions I share with Dennis), Body Toning, Flamenco and swimming. My new goal next year is to run the NY Marathon! Dennis and I completed a charity triathlon with HSBC Warner Manning, who is leaving his post this year (sob! sob!). It was challenging but tons of fun even if I came in last.

So many other countless events and side trips to places as diverse as Vigan and Singapore have kept this whole year exciting and fast moving.

We may go through life without ever smelling the roses and really appreciating the people who matter most. This year, I feel my relationship with Dennis has strengthened after weathering the tension from all the family issues and I believe we both are on more stable and loving ground.

May we all be loved and blessed as much as we deserve! If not, just love and be blessed because all that good energy comes around a hundredfold!

1 comment:

DV said...

I just want to alert everyone that I didn't choose that hideous green shirt - it's a costume for the Bench underwear show which had a '70's disco theme.