Monday, December 25, 2006

Tyrone went trekking in Thailand

The best thing I did this year was go on my Beacon Grade 5 class trip to Chiang Mai in Thailand. There we saw a really cool temple. We had to walk up these 306 steps to get to the temple. I didn't race up the steps cuz I was taking pictures but I did race down. Once we got there, we all posed for a picture.

Inside the temple was a golden buddha, with rubies or diamonds - I'm not really sure. There were a lot of buddhas all over the place. The place smelled weird cuz of the incense.

There was also a green buddha. If a friend or family member is sick or hurt, you can paste something on the buddha and that guy will get healed.

I saw this lizard. If you did something bad in the past, when you put your hand in the mouth, the lizard's mouth will close and bite you. I tried putting my hand in and good thing nothing happened.


We went to an orchid garden where I took this cool video of a butterfly.


We also went trekking all the way to Mahout's Elephant Camp, where I took this video of an elephant playing soccer. Afterwards, the mahouts gave out sugarcane and bananas and I fed the elephant a banana. My friends and I also got to ride the elephant. My elephant was called Ty-ty, almost like my name.

We also went to a metal factory, where I saw this pewter carving of an elephant battle. I guess Thailand is really into elephants.

Dad insisted on putting my picture in. Merry Christmas!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hello Ty,
That was a wonderful story about Thailand. At least I now know what you did there and seems like it was such an enjoyable trip. I am sure you won on the race down those steps.
Cool story about the lizard and cool video on the butterfly and elephant.
Love you,
Sea Princess Mom!